June 19, 2012
Posted by on
Holy crap this new trailer looks good. I’ll try to do some analysis tonight.
Update: Better late than never, but I do have some analysis for the trailer. At least I do after I pick my jaw up off the floor haha. This trailer was that good.
- It looks like Bane will break the Bat in some way. We’ve gotten that thought from past trailers but this really seems to hint at it a lot more. That probably explains why Bruce is walking around with a cane in part of the trailer.
- Bane knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman. We kind of figured that would happen but the trailer confirms it.
- There seems to be a time gap between when Batman is ‘broken’ and when he returns to save Gotham. The trailer shows Bruce with hair length varying and all the past trailers have shown Bruce with two different beards and clean shaven.
- I want this movie now. This movie looks damn good and I cannot wait for it to come out!
I’m a little late to jump in with this news, but last night Warner Bros released the 3rd, and probably final, trailer for The Dark Knight Rises. The last trailer was good, but it really told us nothing about the plot of the final movie. Below is the trailer, I’ll post some of my thoughts after the video just in case you don’t want to see speculation. Remember, there are no spoilers here as I’ve gone spoiler-free for TDKR!
- It looks like Bane might be taking over Gotham, and not for a short time either.
- It looks like Bruce is imprisoned by Bane, but for how long we don’t know.
- Selina might know that Bruce is Batman.
- The end quip from Selina Kyle just screams Catwoman to me.
- This movie looks really dark.
I really hope this movie is good, and I have every faith in Christopher Nolan. However, historically the third entry in a trilogy is not very good. Hopefully this movie breaks that convention.
December 19, 2011
Posted by on
The theatrical trailer for The Dark Knight Rises has officially been released. If you’re like me and resisted the urge to watch the bootleg copies its well worth checking out now.
In typical Christopher Nolan fashion the trailer really doesn’t give anything away but does its job in getting you amped up for the final movie. There were a few cool little things I picked up on in the trailer.
- There was a pretty cool Easter egg in the beginning of the trailer. The crowd at the football stadium are holding up signs. Once sign spells out Rouges. If you look at the R, its shaped the like the R that is traditionally used as Robin’s logo.
- Harvey Dent’s reputation appears to be intact. Based on the pictures over Gordon’s shoulder it would appear that Gordon and Batman have kept their pact to hide Harvey’s crimes.
- Selina Kyle appears to be at a masquerade ball dancing with Bruce Wayne, and it certainly looks like she has cat ears in her hair.
- It seems that Bruce Wayne is in prison. Not sure whether this is a flashback or not. I’m sure we’ll find out.
- Bane is hard to understand. However, that is probably how he would sound in the comics as well with his mouth completely covered by the mask. I’m going to have to pay close attention to understand everything he says.
- The Batwing is awesome looking. ’nuff said.
- The trailer is lacking in the amount of screen-time give to Batman. He had very little time on screen, however if the Bat is broken it would make sense that he doesn’t appear very much.
- They included the Joker’s theme from The Dark Knight in the trailer. You can hear it as the prisoners are escaping and right before the chanting starts. I thought it was a great callback to the last movie to include Joker’s music. (Yes, I own The Dark Knight score and listen to it regularly. That’s how I picked up on the music)
December 10, 2011
Posted by on
Yesterday we were hopeful to get a new trailer for Christopher Nolan’s 3rd Batman movie. It didn’t happen, although some free tickets were given away for the preview screening next week.
We were lucky enough to get the second poster for The Dark Knight Rises… or at least we got something that looks like it could be a new poster. I’m not 100% sure this new poster is real, but it does look good. It certainly indicates that Bane will damage Batman, and potentially break him.
November 21, 2011
Posted by on
Empire Magazine was incredibly lucky and scored a lot of coverage on Christopher Nolan’s upcoming movie The Dark Knight Rises. That’s good for fans like us because it gets a lot of information out about the film which in turn leads to more fan excitement. The biggest piece to come from this interview is in regards to how long after The Dark Knight the new movie takes place. According to Nolan:
“Our story picks up EIGHT years after The Dark Knight”.
“In terms of finishing our story and increasing its scope, we were trying to craft an epic”
“It’s really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne’s story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after The Dark Knight. So he’s an older Bruce Wayne; he’s not in a great state. With our choice of villain and with our choice of story we are testing Batman both physically as well as mentally. Also, in terms of finishing the our story and increasing its scope, we were trying to craft epic so the physicality of the film became very important.”
Eight years after the last movie is a long time, and there are many things that could have occurred in Gotham during that time. Its also a very long time for Batman to have been an outlaw and having to evade the police. There’s a part of me that thinks this jump in time leaves the door open for stories to be told during this timeframe in another form like comic book or animated movies. That would be pretty cool. This jump forward in time will also allow us to see what a fully fleshed out Nolan version of Batman is like. Bruce Wayne will be firmly established as Batman in the new film and in essence be a certified badass.
Batman hasn’t really had a physical opponent since Batman Begins with Ra’s al Ghul. The Joker was all about mind games and Batman didn’t have to fight any dangerous opponents. It will be interesting to see how well this older Batman will fare against a physical opponent. In the movie timeline Batman is probably in his late 30s or early 40s and arguably no longer as his physical peak. How well will this play into the movie, might this be a reason for Bane to defeat the Dark Knight?
The next piece to come out of this interview is in regard’s to Bane’s mask. This tidbit is courtesy of costume designer Lindy Hemming:
“He was injured early in his story. Hes suffering from pain and he needs gas to survive. He cannot survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jawline and feed into the thing at the back where there are two cannisters of what ever it is..the anasthetic”
Its an interesting take on why Bane would need to wear a mask. This makes me think that venom will not play a role in the film. What I’m wondering is if the anesthetic provided by the mask will dull all pain. If that’s the case Bane will be able to take a lot of punishment and feel nothing. That is something that Batman can’t do, regardless of his mental discipline.
This information has definitely done its job in getting me more interested in the upcoming movie. I’m especially interested in seeing how things have changed after eight years. On a side note, did anyone else notice that it will have been roughly eight years since Batman Begins was released when The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters?
Via: Empire Online
November 21, 2011
Posted by on
Empire Magazine has been well known for its coverage of superhero movies. This time they’ve gotten some exclusive shots of Batman and Bane from this summer’s The Dark Knight Rises. This is only the second official picture we’ve gotten of Bane so its interesting from that perspective.
Before I get the e-mail and comment reminders that I went spoiler free this is not considered spoilers for the movie. The pictures here are officially released by Warner Bros and fair game for me to look at.
To be honest, I’m still not sold on the look of movie Bane. The comic book version with the lucha libre mask is so iconic its really hard to get used to a new look. However, this is a Christopher Nolan movie, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
June 2, 2011
Posted by on
The last Batman movie, The Dark Knight, became well known for making use of viral marketing to gain and keep fan interest in the movie. It stands to reason they would do the same thing for the third Batman movie by Christopher Nolan. Last week the viral marketing began and astute fans were able to find the first image of Bane. This was found via a Twitter account entitled TheFireRises.
Recently a YouTube user has appeared with the same name and begun uploading videos that look to be from the new Batman movie. I for one love the fact that the viral marketing campaign has already started. Just imagine what they will do for Comic Con this year! The YouTube videos are shown below, enjoy your first look at The Dark Knight Rises. These videos seem to hint at another outbreak from Arkham. Sound familiar from any of the comics?
May 20, 2011
Posted by on
The folks over at Super Hero Hype have been all over this, so credit for this find goes completely to them. It seems as though the viral marketing for Christopher Nolan’s final Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises has already started. If you remember the viral marketing that was used to hype The Dark Knight set in place new ways to advertise a movie. I’m very curious to see how they are able to use viral methods to hype the new movie.
Some posters over on the SHH boards have started digging into the official movie site for The Dark Knight Rises and they’ve found some very interesting details that were used to find the first image of Tom Hardy in costume as Bane. If you’re interested in the methods used to find the image check out the SHH article. I don’t want to steal their information on how they found it as they deserve all the credit for this find.
The best part is this seems to be an official, i.e. real, image of Bane that was purposely placed on the movie web-site. As such, I have no problem presenting it on this site. I have to admit, the image does seem to pull a lot of inspiration from the comics. There could be a lot of interesting back story to describe how Bane’s spine became so scarred. Its starting to look like scars are becoming the go to thing for a badguy in Nolan’s Bat movies. If this is the look of Bane in the movie, I am happy. Be sure to click on the image below for the super high res version.